- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F).
- Place the chicken, breast-side down, on a board so the back is facing up and the drumsticks are pointing towards you.
- Using sharp kitchen scissors or chicken shears, cut closely along each side of the backbone. Remove and discard the backbone.
- Turn the chicken, breast-side up, and press down firmly on the breastbone to flatten the chicken.
- Arrange the garlic and lemon on an oven tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Top with the chicken, breast-side up, tucking in the wing tips.
- Brush the chicken with the oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 35–40 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
Recipe from donnahay.com.au