1. Combine the pork, onion and salt in a bowl mixing with your hands.
2. Form into 6 patties; flatten the patties and making a small well in the middle of each.
3. Heat the barbecue or spray a frying pan with a little oil, over a high heat, add the patties and cook, turning once to desired doneness, about 5 minute the first side and 3 once flipped but this will depend on the thickness of your patty. Do not press the patty down when cooking, this squeezes out juices.
4. Let the patties rest for 5 minutes while you cook the bacon in the frying pan.
5. Place the warmed burger bottoms on a plate and top with tomato sauce or relish, pork patties, one or two rashers of bacon, tomato slices, coleslaw and mayonnaise.
* Add grated apple tossed in lemon juice to store bought coleslaw, for a fresh twist.
Recipe from 100% NZ Pork